Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Wedding Gift

These are my second attempt at homemade gifts this year.  Two wedding gifts for a friend whose wedding was last night.  I was inspired by Pinterest for this first one:
It was very simple to make.  I took a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper for the background.  Then, I used Design Studio to cut a large M for their monogram.  I also cut "the Martin family" and "EST. on their wedding date".  I glued it all on, and done.  I put it in a 12x12 frame, which you can get inexpensively at Michaels (I think this one was about $4).

The second part of her gift was this:

Not the best picture, but I took an 8x18 inch collage frame and matted her wedding invitation.  Then, I used the same paper and matted the open frame at the bottom so she can put a picture from her wedding at the bottom. 

Hopefully she and her husband liked it, and didn't wish I bought them something off the registry instead. : /

No comments:

Post a Comment