Thursday, January 12, 2012

This is it! My first post!

Hello folks! Welcome to my blog. I put off writing this first post for a while because I wasn't sure how to start, but I figured talking about last night's craft night was the best way to go.  We get together at my house every other week, and I really look forward to it.  I enjoy having the extra opinions on my work and helping the other girls with their projects.  Last night, there was 6 of us.  Sometimes there are only 2, but its fun just the same.  We all work on different things: my sister does jewelry, my stepmom is making a recipe book, two friends are working on a scrapbook, and another is etching glass.  I had recently made gifts for a wedding and birthday, so my goal for the night was simple: 2 greeting cards.  I have to set my sights low because I get sidetracked with everyone else so easily.  I made 2 simple cards:
Here's the first one.  Like I said, very simple.  I used my Wild Card cartridge to cut the cake card and embellishments.  When I tried cutting the envelope, I didn't like the size it would have made the card.  So I used a premade envelope and cut the card to fit that inside.  Design Studio has been really helpful in visualizing my cuts and not wasting paper guessing what the cut will turn up like.  I wasn't happy with any of my fonts in that size, so I used small glittery stickers.  And voila.  Simple, but I think it came out well.

My second card was even more simple, so I didn't even take a picture of it. : /

But, I want to leave you with one more thought.  Not everything you try will work.  Case in point- a friend tried to print her daughter's picture in black and white on vellum and modge podge it on a votive holder (as seen on Pinterest).  This did not work.  But it did allow for a good laugh from the rest of us.  I figured I would share some pictures of her mishap to make you feel better about whatever latest problem you had in your crafting.

Not only did it not look anything like expecting, it was messy!


Hope your next project worked out better than this one! Until next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment