Monday, July 2, 2012

Cardstock Box


I found this great tutorial on Pinterest reminding me how to make cardstock boxes, and I thought it was perfect to wrap a birthday present that I wasn't sure how to wrap.  I bought 5 charms for a charm bracelet, but them came loose in a store bag.  Not exactly the cute presentation I was hoping for.

Anyway, the tutorial used two different colors of cardstock, but I chose to use two pieces of the same pale yellow, glittered cardstock.  I thought using two of the same pieces made it look more like a box that you would get from a jewelry store.

Go check out the tutorial for the steps, but here is my finished box:




Again, I didn't want to just drop the charms in the box loose, so I put a little tissue paper in the bottom to raise the bottom surface.  Then, I cut a piece of cardstock the size of the base of the box and strung the charms on a piece of yarn. I taped the yarn to the back of the fake bottom, so it looked like a presentation you'd get from a nice store.  Here's my finished gift box:



There are so many uses for this small little box, and since it's made out of heavier cardstock, you could easily just make the bottom and use it for open storage in a drawer without worrying about the sides collapsing.

More to come soon.  For now, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment