Sunday, July 1, 2012

Burlap Wreath with Monogram

Hello all!

I've been so busy crafting, I haven't had time to write about all the good stuff I am doing.  But, that changes today. :)

The first project I want to tell you about is the burlap wreath I made for my front door. All finished, it looked like this:



Truth be told, I would have preferred to make it without the bow at the top, but I ran out of burlap ribbon.  In the future, to make a wreath of this size, I would plan to use 1.5 rolls, rather than just one.  However, I  do like the way it came out.

To make this wreath, I used a wire wreath form from Michaels, a roll of burlap ribbon, a monogrammed plaque that I got on clearance, floral wire, hot glue gun/sticks, and black ribbon to finish the bow:




You'll notice the bag of silk flowers off to the left.  I had intended to tuck flowers in around the folds of the burlap, but as I moved forward, I didn't like that as much as I thought I would so I left them out.

To start, I wrapped one end of the burlap with wire to the wreath form. I bent and fluffed the burlap to make folds and volume to my taste.  In addition to wrapping with wire, I also added hot glue to help hold things the way I want them.





As I moved around the form, I made sure to cover the wire and glue with more folds.  Again, having another roll would have allowed for more fullness and being able to complete the form all the way around.

After I finished with the burlap, I hot glued the monogram plaque to the back of the form.  Sorry, no picture for that step.  At this point, you can personalize your wreath the way you'd like to.  Add flowers or a wooden monogram, etc.

All together, this wreath took me about 1.5 hours, and about $15 to make. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment