Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Circles on Canvas

Hello all!  Sorry its been so long since I've written.  I haven't done anything since I found out I was pregnant.  But, I am quickly approaching 12 weeks and am starting to get my energy back, so here we go.  I have been intending to make a big piece of artwork for the wall in my bedroom for almost a year, and today, I did it!

My materials were 6- 16x20 canvases, 3 pint size paint samples from Lowes to match my bedding, one small paintbrush, and cups and bottles.  I used the cups and bottles as stamps.

First, I painted all the canvases with a dark brown paint. I had to do about 2 coats. This is after the first coat.
I like to lay garbage bags out on my table to make for easy clean up.  After the base coat dried, I pushed the canvases together and laid out my "stamping" materials.


I put green and tan paint on different plates and just dipped the cups and bottles in the paint, and just put them on the canvases randomly.  I tried to overlap some of the circles to look like they are one canvas.

Once done, I will spread them out to take up more wall space, but here they are laying out to dry.



I'll add a picture when it finally gets hung on the wall.  We'll see how long that takes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment